Re: Known working 2.6 kernel config for m68k Mac

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, Michael Schmitz wrote:

Hi,

In fact, 3 years ago I tried to boot linux on Mac classic:

date: 2005/06/27 20:25:36;  author: lvivier;  state: Exp;  lines: +4
-2 Add scc write base in bootinfo for Mac Classic

What's the Classic's SCC base address? The (defunct) Mac SCC driver
should perhaps be updated if that's the only use of passing SCC base.

I'd like to see the old SCC functionality restored, even if I have to
write the code. So I think the solution is just add a few defines to the
kernel header file for the new tags that apply only to classic machines.

The SCC driver can decide whether to operate using the existing tags or
the new ones based on the presence or absence of new tags. As long as we
don't repurpose the existing tags, we don't have to rev Penguin and we
don't have interoperability issues between different kernel/penguin
releases.

Finn

	Michael