Re: Known working 2.6 kernel config for m68k Mac

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, J Silverman wrote:
m68k_parse_bootinfo: unknown tag 0x800c ignored

Anyone who knows where this one comes from?

It looks like emile uses it for the mac SCC base address:
http://emile.cvs.sourceforge.net/emile/emile/second/bootinfo.h?revision=1.5&view=markup

Yes, but I don't remember why I added it.

IIRC the Penguin bootstrap did also pass the SCC base address, back from the days when we had no code in the kernel to set up model dependent things. You probably copied that behavior.

If it hurts, I can remove...

Looks like it's fairly safe to remove now. For one, there is no SCC driver for m68k Mac anymore :-)

	Michael