Re: Known working 2.6 kernel config for m68k Mac

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 05:11:55AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
It usually works fine. Maybe the PMU driver allows interrupts to happen
(in order to catch a timeout) so printk sometimes finds interrupts enablet
when it gets called?

(I should perhaps go and look at the code in question - ADB interrupt
handlers are tricky, and I've done my share to mess them up in the past.)

It's possible, but I don't see any place in the code that obviously lets
that happen. The driver abuses the interrupt level as a sort of a fake
lock for the queue of requests, so it's hard to be sure.

While you're at it, please check whether they support the common battery
state response formats as well, and perhaps sleep messages? :-) I'd even
add support for m68k powerbooks to pmud if possible ...

I'll try it out on the PB190 when I get a chance, but I'm much more
worried about the older models for this sort of thing. Does anyone
have anything old enough for the driver to claim it has a "V1" PMU?
That would be any PB1xx other than the PB190.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx