From: J Silverman <g1powermac@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Known working 2.6 kernel config for m68k Mac
To: "Finn Thain" <fthain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-m68k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 5:43 PM
Hi Finn,

I got an interesting development.  I found out that I
don't have the proper cable to do the serial port setup,
so, while waiting for the cable, I went searching to find a
way to get the kernel to either stop or pause at each
printk.  I found there's an option in the Kernel Hacking
section of the kernel config to allow for delays in between
each boot message.  You basically tell the kernel how much
time you want from the kernel command line, and it will then
pause at each message.  After messing with a slight
documentation error with EMILE, I was finally able to get
the delay working.  Now this is the amazing part; with the
delay, the machine didn't shut off.  I saw a batch of
errors with the PMU, so it's definitely coming from that
driver.  What I'll do, so you guys can see what I'm
seeing, is video tape the powerbook's screen while it
boots.  I know it's not the best method, but it should
give you guys an idea as to what's going on until I get
the
 proper cable.

Thanks,
J Silverman