Re: kbuild now support arch/$ARCH/include - time for ARCHs to convert

On Sunday 03 August 2008, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
There seem to be 3 classes of m68knommu header files:
  1. Plain files (some of them may be (nearly) identical copies of the
     m68k variants,

For reference, I found the files auxvec.h, device.h, emergency-restart.h,
futex.h, ioctl.h, irq_regs.h, kdebug.h, mutex.h and topology.h to be
entirely identical, so you may remove the m68knommu variants with your
approach.

  2. Files that just include the m68k variant,
  3. Files that include the m68k variant and do something more (pci.h and
     setup.h).

Since I don't think we want to do the m68k/m68knommu merge right now
(Sorry Arnd, I'll keep your script in mind anyway!), the simplest way is to:
 - Remove all files from class 2, and add to the Makefile:

Does this work with the exported headers? I guess it should if you
always use the m68k exports for m68knommu as well, but if that's
possible is is a question you haven't answered yet.

Right now, you would remove the following exported headers from m68knommu:
auxvec.h, errno.h, fcntl.h, ioctl.h, ioctls.h, ipcbuf.h, mman.h, msgbuf.h,
poll.h, posix_types.h, resource.h, sembuf.h, shmbuf.h, socket.h, stat.h,
statfs.h, termbits.h.

If you don't want to use the m68k exports on m68knomu, you'd also have
to duplicate all these.

	Arnd <><