Re: nf_get_id() and real hardware

Hi,

On Mon, 26 May 2008, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Anyway, I would still expect the cpu to generate a user stack frame, so I
still don't see how we should get to the part I removed.

When trap #0 has been executed, the cpu is in supervisor mode.  Note
that the state of T _before_ execution is relevant for determining
whether an insn is traced.  See 8.1.7 in the 68030 manual.

I guess the important part is in 8.1.12, if I understand it correctly the
trace exception is executed first, which we ignore and then the user
exception is executed, where we emulate the trace as on the 060.

There is no need though to set TIF_DELAYED_TRACE, as it's already managed
by ptrace.c.

bye, Roman