Re: nf_get_id() and real hardware

Hi,

On Mon, 26 May 2008, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Roman Zippel <zippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Remove the VEC_TRACE check from trap_c, I can only guess it's left from
an old kgdb patch, as right now it does nothing.

There was never a kgdb patch for m68k.

There was. :) grep for KGDB under arch/m68k, IIRC Jes killed most of it.

 The trace exception in
supervisor mode is generated when you single step over a trapping insn
like trap #0, because the exception is generated _after_ execution.

Are you sure about that? Right now we don't trace kernel code and the
060 documentation says that the trace exception isn't generated
for group 2/3 exceptions (which include all user generated exceptions)
and my recent testing confirms that.
The 020 documentation is less specific, it only mentions "illegal or
unimplemented instructions", if that's true TIF_DELAYED_TRACE has to be
splitted, so it doesn't generate an additional signal, when the cpu
already generates the exception.
Anyway, I would still expect the cpu to generate a user stack frame, so I
still don't see how we should get to the part I removed.
I can retest that later today, as I have another patch pending in that
area, but I have no 020/030 to test with...

bye, Roman