Re: 2.6.25-rc8-mm2

When we use 3.3, we need to remove the -fno-stack-protect compiler flag in
the
m68k Makefile.

Which `-fno-stack-protect compiler flag in the m68k Makefile'?

I only see one in the main Makefile, and it's protected by
`$(call cc-option, ...)', so if your compiler doesn't support it, it
should be dropped automatically.

Doesn't work that way for me (m68k-linux-gnu cross gcc). The one in the main
makefile is what I was talking about.

I've just managed to build a 2.6.25 kernel using gcc version 3.3.3
(Debian 20040321), which does not support -fno-stack-protector.

What's the error message you were seeing.

gcc complaining about the unknown flag. I'll have to revert the fix to get it to generate the error again. Happened on asm-offsets.s IIRC.

Anyway, I got that kernel built, now do I need a known-good piece of ext4
filesystem, or what?

Or create a new one? Let's hope the ext4 people have good tests to run
while doing their development?

LOL.

	Michael