Re: 2.6 kernel on aranym?

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Kolbjørn Barmen <linux-m68k@xxxxxxxx> writes:

I tried with 2.6.18, but due to lack ATARI_FB I didnt see much except the
bootlog of the kernel in the console. And it panicked not finding the root
partition (which I found strange, since it did say it found the "disk")

Did it find any partitions on the disk?

No, but never mind.. the new kernel with aranym patches works fine.

Also, with the 2.4.27 kernel I did not get the tap/tun working, so I tried
to find a way to access the ext2 partitions on the disk image directly
from outside aranym. I suspect I might be able to do this using losetup
with an offset argument, but I have not managed it yet. Anyone have a tip?

If it's the first partition then offset=512 should work.  But make sure
your image has the correct byte order (ie. it must be ByteSwap=Yes in the
aranym config file).

Thanks, that did the trick :)

-- kolla
-