Re: 2.6 kernel on aranym?

I tried with 2.6.18, but due to lack ATARI_FB I didnt see much except the
bootlog of the kernel in the console. And it panicked not finding the root
partition (which I found strange, since it did say it found the "disk")

You must be kidding? I did the whole Atari 2.6.18 patching on aranym (the
testing, anyways). That includes atafb support (see patches posted here,
and at debian-68k). Not to mention keyboard, aranym networking, and a bit
more.

Also, with the 2.4.27 kernel I did not get the tap/tun working, so I tried
to find a way to access the ext2 partitions on the disk image directly
from outside aranym. I suspect I might be able to do this using losetup
with an offset argument, but I have not managed it yet. Anyone have a tip?

I asked Petr about this, it should be possibe. I haven't tried to find the
correct offset yet (should be the size of the partition table, ideally).

amiga-fdisk and atari-fdisk seem to struggle opening disk-image files that
are 2GB or bigger, but PC fdisk manages. I assume it's possible to boot
m68k kernel from PC partitioned disk/image if one compiles a kernel with
support for it set?

Right, the only caveat with such a kernel is that Atari partition format
needs to come before PC partition format in the list of formats tested on
boot (otherwise Atari partitions will be misparsed as illegal PC
partitions - incidentially, this might be why you could not mount the
disk).

	Michael
-