Re: 2.6 kernel on aranym?

Kolbjørn Barmen wrote:
Just curious.. have anyone done this?

Michael did, I believe. Perhaps he could make a binary of the kernel (best with the aranym patches) available somewhere.

Also, with the 2.4.27 kernel I did not get the tap/tun working

I'd like to prepare some ipmasq and bridge-utils scripts when I get some time. Until then follow the wiki with the iptables, arp-proxy or run the arabridge script if you're in a LAN.

BTW, I have just realized that the "chmod u+s /usr/bin/aratapif" is still missing in the deb package.

to find a way to access the ext2 partitions on the disk image directly
from outside aranym. I suspect I might be able to do this using losetup
with an offset argument, but I have not managed it yet. Anyone have a tip?

losetup should work but I haven't tried. Please add your experience to http://wiki.aranym.org/ , thanks.

Petr
-