Re: 6.9.0-rc2+ kernel hangs on boot (bisected, maybe LED related)

On Sat, 04 May 2024, Ben Greear wrote:

> On 5/2/24 00:19, Lee Jones wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Apr 2024, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
> > wrote:

> > > Sorry, to me it sounded a bit like you had an idea for a fix and
> > > were going to give it a try -- similar to how the maintainers for
> > > a r8169 driver and the igc driver provided fixes for bugs recent
> > > LED changes exposed.
> > >
> > > But sure, you are right, in the end some LED change seems to have
> > > cause this, so the duty to fix it lies in that field. Therefore:
> > >
> > > Lee, what's the status here to get this fixed before the final?
> >
> > No idea.  Did you send a fix?
>
> I sent what is probably just a work-around.  I also spent time
> bisecting and testing. The problem appears to have come in with the
> LED related merge.  I think it is fair to ask the LED folks to at
> least take a look at the lockdep debugging I posted.

I can't speak for Pavel, but I personally have no way of debugging or
reproducing this.  The only usefulness I can provide is to review and
apply fixes as and when they appear.

> It is not fair to expect anyone that manages to find or track a bug to
> also fix it.

No such expectation has been felt or communicated.

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]