RE: pending patches

Could you explain your point, please?
Where is the hack? API is used on top of specific hardware by setting bitmask, while
generic API is used.

> > > re-sent.
> > >
> > > In this case, I don't think i2c bus number is suitable way to
> > > identify add-on card. Having some way of identifying add-on cards
> > > makes sense (as we'll probably have other vendors having "fault" or
> "activity"
> > > light on their cards), but those boards will not neccessarily have i2c on
> them.
> >
> > Line card always has I2C connection, LED color is controlled through a
> > programmable device, which is always I2C device. So, this is I2C and bus
> number identifies topology.
>
> I see it works for your hardware. I don't believe it works for other vendors
> having "activity" LED on their card, and I'd like to see consistent naming
> across vendors.

Name is constructed like:
/sys/class/leds/<card type><bus>:status:green/
In same way it will work for other vendors.

> > Pavel,
> > I have those patches pending very long time. Could you, please, help
> > to get them accepted?
>
> Not really, sorry.
>
> Best regards,
> 									Pavel
> --
> http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]