RE: pending patches

This is not single-color LED. LED is controlled by programmable device, color is
set by writing relevant bit mask combination to the related LED register.

> > https://patches.linaro.org/patch/403538/ from 2021-03-16, which has been
> re-sent.
>
> In this case, I don't think i2c bus number is suitable way to identify add-on
> card. Having some way of identifying add-on cards makes sense (as we'll
> probably have other vendors having "fault" or "activity"
> light on their cards), but those boards will not neccessarily have i2c on them.

Line card always has I2C connection, LED color is controlled through a programmable
device, which is always I2C device. So, this is I2C and bus number identifies topology.

Pavel,
I have those patches pending very long time. Could you, please, help to get them
accepted?

Thanks,
Vadim.

> Best regards,
> 								Pavel
> --
> http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]