Re: Strange timer LED behavior

Hi!

> We use the sysfs timer trigger of the led subsystem to control our leds (turn on, turn off, and blink).  While doing this we found a strange behavior.  If the values of delay_on and delay_off are ever both zero, the led subsystem will make the decision to blink at a 500ms on and 500ms off rate.
>
> # cd /sys/class/leds/g01
> # cat delay_on
> 0
> # cat delay_off
> 86400
> # echo 0 > delay_off
> # cat delay_on
> 500
> # cat delay_off
> 500
>
> drivers/led/led-core.c:184
>     /* blink with 1 Hz as default if nothing specified */
>     if (!*delay_on && !*delay_off)
>         *delay_on = *delay_off = 500;
>
> Is there a reason that the kernel would decide to blink at this default rate instead of leaving the timer disabled?

Yep. It allows hardware to provide different values if it can only
blink at fixed rate.
								Pavel

--
http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]