Re: led block trigger patch

Hi!

> > Find out what is wrong with the patch, fix it, resubmit it.
>
> I would like to, but unfortunately, I've no skills in programming so I'm not able to do that.

You can learn, or find someone to do the work for you.

What was the point of me reviewing the old patch when you are not
going to fix it? That was not very constructive.

> > Oh. It appears to register trigger per block device. That's no-no.
>
> Hmm, why is that a no-no? It seems it works that way for CPUs already. I can see triggers from cpu0 to cpu39 on our servers with two CPUs, 10 cores and 2 threads per core. So we even have one trigger for every cpu thread.
>
> I've never seen a host with 40 nvme disks, so why is this problematic if having 40 cpu triggers is not? Or does "trigger per block device" mean sth. else?

We made a mistake with cpu triggers. Not doing it again.

								Pavel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]