Re: LED colour dominance

Hi!

> >> Thank you for the explanation. I tried to look at the problem from
> >> the LED state side, and got the following truth table:
> >>
> >> (L0,L1 - LED class devices' brightness states,
> >>           state values: on=1, off=0)
> >>
> >> L0 L1 XY
> >> 0  0  11
> >> 1  0  10
> >> 1  1  -- (return -EBUSY on attempt of setting)
> >> 0  1  01
> >>
> >> "--" signifies here the forbidden state. Since L0=0 L1=1 has
> >> two possible XY combinations (01 and 00), then only one of them
> >> is shown in this table, and the other one won't need to be ever
> >> set.
> >
> > Ok, so EBUSY after all. I had the same idea but was afraid users of the
> > LEDs would not really be prepared to handle errors. At the first glance
> > i failed to find examples of setters returning errors. And the higher
> > level abstractions are "void" again.
>
> EBUSY seems pointless. Even the sysfs interface does not let you know
> about it.

...and it is going to be "fun" with triggers.

I'd just call the hardware "broken", but not expose that to the
userspace...

									Pavel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]