Re: LED colour dominance

Hi Henning,

On 07/05/2018 01:12 PM, Henning Schild wrote:
Hey,

we are currently working on a led driver that we will eventually
propose mainline. Our HW implies a kind of dominance where one LED can
have multiple colors, but only one can be lid at once.
How does your hardware decide about LED color? Does it have e.g.
a group of three outputs that are intended to be connected to
a multicolor RGB LED component?

Or maybe it has a group of outputs from each only one can be
active at a time?

Lighting the dominant effectively (visible) turns off the recessive.
The question is whether that visible effect should be reflected in the
code. Or in other words, should the "brightness" in sysfs always
correspond to what is actually visible?

Our first version does not try to do that, because that would
complicate the code a lot. LEDs would have to set each other and
possibly remember to reset each other when they get toggled again.

I doubt that being the first example of such an LED, but could not find
a good example in the kernel. Maybe you can point out a driver that
handles this problem in the "correct" way.

I don't have a full picture of your hw design, but as a first shot
please compare drivers/leds/leds-bd2802.c RGB LED driver.

In your case, let's say when setting red LED brightness you should
set green and blue LEDs brightness to LED_OFF. It should not be
too complicated AFAICS.

--
Best regards,
Jacek Anaszewski

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]