Re: LED colour dominance

Hi!

> we are currently working on a led driver that we will eventually
> propose mainline. Our HW implies a kind of dominance where one LED can
> have multiple colors, but only one can be lid at once.

So you have LED that is either off, or red, or green, or blue, but not
combinations?

> Lighting the dominant effectively (visible) turns off the recessive.
> The question is whether that visible effect should be reflected in the
> code. Or in other words, should the "brightness" in sysfs always
> correspond to what is actually visible?
>
> Our first version does not try to do that, because that would
> complicate the code a lot. LEDs would have to set each other and
> possibly remember to reset each other when they get toggled again.
>
> I doubt that being the first example of such an LED, but could not find
> a good example in the kernel. Maybe you can point out a driver that
> handles this problem in the "correct" way.

I know about no other such example... so yes, yours may be first.

My suggestion would be ... just ignore that, and live with your LEDs
being "slightly broken".

									Pavel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]