Re: kernel strange behaviour

--- On Tue, 10/14/08, Thorny <thorntreehome@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Thorny <thorntreehome@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: kernel strange behaviour
> To: linux-laptop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:05:59 -0700, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>

> > I didn't want to subscribe the kernel dev list,
> because it has a lot of
> > postings and it will flood my mailbox ... and until
> 8.Nov I don't have
> > time to play with it anyway ... just looking for an
> opinion and a sign of
> > life here and may be a good advice.
> >

> Well then, why not read the dev list through the gmane
> interface with a
> newsreader that properly threads the posts and makes it
> easier to find
> what you are interested in? That's the way I do it and
> I don't get any
> flood of emails (except the ones you CC to me even though I
> didn't request
> that you do that).

thanks for the advise ... I'll have to try it. Didn't know such thing is possible ... though I've been reading few newsgroups in the past. Will have to have a look at it.

> > I'm using a notebook, so I was thinking
> linux-notebooks/laptop on
> > vger.kernl.org should be somehow connected to kernel
> development - isn't
> > it ?
> >

> Huh? You're running a production server on a laptop?

no. things got mixed up here .... I mean production machine ... on the notbook all my company data is stored, so I had enough headake with this slow down for few days ... I just preffer to be on the safe side.

I explained in the other mail what I'm planning to do as soon as those time consuming projects are over.

regards