Re: kernel strange behaviour

--- On Tue, 10/14/08, Thorny <thorntreehome@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Thorny <thorntreehome@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: kernel strange behaviour
> To: linux-laptop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:11:24 -0700, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> > I had a discussion with the kernel guys few months ago
> because of an other
> > issue. There is no way that I install a RC on my
> production machine. I
> > still may give it a try, but  still it's bugging
> me why it's working like
> > this.
> >

> I was just telling you what they were up to, not suggesting
> you install
> an rc. But of course, it does bring up the question, why
> are you
> experimenting on a production server, that's not
> considered good
> practice. You might want to read what Linus T. says about
> the kernel on
> Oct 6 over on LKML, it's pretty close to release:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/10/6/300

Thanks, for this, appreciate sharing ideas, as some people read things in one direction and other in another. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

I need my notebook in good shape on dayly basis. I have a lot of sensitive data there and I don't want to go into trouble. Next month I'll put inside another harddrive where I can play with it ... or backup my data, but untill then I'm too preoccupied

> > Obviously no one except you reads this tread or has a
> better suggestion.
> >

> Those are two of the possible reasons, there could be
> others. I know you
> got into a heated argument with some people over in the
> kubuntu list,
> maybe they have plonked you totally and don't see your
> posts anywhere.
> But, this does appear to be a low volume location.

In fact  I appreciate discussing with you anyway. I am just guessing what the reason could be.
I don't think anything that bad has happened on the kubuntu list, so that someone has "plonked" me ... but even this has happened it's ok for me.

Yes it seems it is a low volume location to me ... I picked it up on purpose ... may be the fate wanted us to meet :-D

regards