Re: Linux stops my F10 (or others) keys to work at boot

ice` napisał(a):
> Hi,
> don't know if this is the right list to ask and if this problem is
> related to the Kernel i'm using (2.6.18), to my Distribution (Debian
> etch) or to something else...
>
> I will try to explain it at best:
>
> I have an HP NX7400 Laptop with Latest bios.
> On boot it's possible to press F10 to enter BIOS settings (or F9 for
> example to choose boot sequence).
>
> I started having problem when I noticed that pressing F10 (or F9) on
> boot wasn't working anymore...the laptop didn't get it and I wasn't able
> to access BIOS...
>
> so I investigate the issue and re-flashed laptop BIOS and discovered
> that then it was working...but after playing in my Debian system it
> stopped working again...
>
> so I re-flashed it again and did some tests and discovered that:
>
> - if I boot into Windows (Vista) and reboot the keys are still working
> at boot and I can press F10 (or F9) to access BIOS settings (or choose
> boot sequence)
> - if I boot into Linux (Debian etch 4.0) once, I won't be able to use
> F10 (F9) again on next reboot
>
> who can be the culprit? What do you think?
> Could it be a kernel issue when reading the laptop BIOS, creating some
> problems in it? A re-flash of the bios (restoring original settings)
> make it work again.
> I didn't test it against other distributions like FC6 which I have
> installed in my laptop, with newer kernels, but I will try it later, to
> understand better the issue.
>
> Thanks to anyone that can help.

Please remove psmouse module before You reboot/halt. Its known bug in HP
BIOS. Add line "rmmod psmouse" in /etc/init.d/halt and
/etc/init.d/reboot (Debian). Or remove all power sources (AC and
battery) after halt.

--
Maciej Rutecki <maciej.rutecki@xxxxxxxxx>
www.unixy.pl

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ACPI]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Samba]