Linux stops my F10 (or others) keys to work at boot

Hi,
don't know if this is the right list to ask and if this problem is related to the Kernel i'm using (2.6.18), to my Distribution (Debian etch) or to something else...

I will try to explain it at best:

I have an HP NX7400 Laptop with Latest bios.
On boot it's possible to press F10 to enter BIOS settings (or F9 for example to choose boot sequence).

I started having problem when I noticed that pressing F10 (or F9) on boot wasn't working anymore...the laptop didn't get it and I wasn't able to access BIOS...

so I investigate the issue and re-flashed laptop BIOS and discovered that then it was working...but after playing in my Debian system it stopped working again...

so I re-flashed it again and did some tests and discovered that:

- if I boot into Windows (Vista) and reboot the keys are still working at boot and I can press F10 (or F9) to access BIOS settings (or choose boot sequence) - if I boot into Linux (Debian etch 4.0) once, I won't be able to use F10 (F9) again on next reboot

who can be the culprit? What do you think?
Could it be a kernel issue when reading the laptop BIOS, creating some problems in it? A re-flash of the bios (restoring original settings) make it work again. I didn't test it against other distributions like FC6 which I have installed in my laptop, with newer kernels, but I will try it later, to understand better the issue.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-laptop" in

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ACPI]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Samba]