Re: Coccinelle: Rename the script for a transformation of memory allocations

>> Would you find the file name selection “zalloc-extra_changes1.cocci” acceptable?
>
> No.

Next try then …

> I do't know what the extra changes are

This script for the semantic patch language was designed in the way
that more source code would be adjusted (or just reformatted)
than I see as an essential transformation for the replacement
of function calls in the shown case.

Example:
…
(
- x = kmalloc(E1,E2);
+ x = kzalloc(E1,E2);

…

We are discussing consequences from the specification of a different
change granularity for a while.
I hope that another SmPL script variant could be integrated
which will work with a higher precision then so that involved
software developers can choose the preferred transformation approach
also on their own.

> and I don't know what the number 1 means.

How do you think about to start with numbering for subsequent
SmPL scripts?

Regards,
Markus