Re: Need clearance before sending patch

On Friday 26 July 2013 09:21 PM, Julia Lawall wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, Kumar Gaurav wrote:

Hi Dan,

I had sent my first patch with lots of changes which wasn't correct.
Now i'm splitting them in parts as below:
1.One patch for variable name replacement (one patch per file)
2.One Patch for fixing coding style issue (one patch per file)
3.One Patch for fixing warning about using pr_warn,pr_error functions
instead of printk(KERN_WARNING... and printk(KERN_ERR... (havn't
replaced yet as last time you weren't convinced)

please tell me that should i apply these patches per file or one patch
for replacement in all applied files?

I wonder if one would be better off by starting with small isolated
bugs, rather than these things that, even though they seem simple, are a
bit pervasive and rely a lot on taste?

Finding real bugs is not so hard.  One can either use the various tools
that are provided, or study the git logs to see what kind of bugs others
have found.

julia
Thanks for your reply Julia. I'll start looking for real bug right ahead but want to fix with what i started so just waiting for answer or above questions.
In mean while i'm looking at bugs and will try to fix them if i find any.

Thanks

Kumar gaurav