Re: dead website(?) and questions about TODO list

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Mike Steiner <mike65536@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Mark Asselstine <asselsm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Mike Steiner <mike65536@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I haven't heard a peep out of anyone, so I guess I've volunteered
>>> myself to figure all those things out and clean them up. :-)
>>>
>>> I'll assume those web sites are permanently gone, and those 2001 todo
>>> items are probably done (or irrelevant due to 7 years of changes).
>>>
>>> I'll work my way through all those things as I get time, and if I
>>> screw something up I'm sure somebody will tell me.
>>>
>>> If anyone has any suggestions or requests about the wiki organization,
>>> let me know and I'll try to work those in.
>>>

>> A while back most things were moved to
>> http://code.google.com/p/kernel-janitors/
>>
>> The TODO list can be found at
>> http://code.google.com/p/kernel-janitors/wiki/TODO
>>
>> Mark
>
> I haven't seen any links at kernelnewbies to the google site, so I'm
> not sure how people can find it, since most of the links point to
> janitor.kernelnewbies.org.
>
> And just now I noticed the janitor.kernelnewbies.org site is back up
> again. This is getting confusing. I assumed that site was dead, so I
> used the Internet Archive to pull the content to
> http://kernelnewbies.org/MigratingInProgress and corrected/updated the
> dead links. So now there's 3 kernel-janitors "sites"! IMHO, I think we
> should keep the content at kernelnewbies.org since there's a lot of
> overlap between the subjects, and kernelnewbie's wiki format makes
> updating pages easy. I'd be happy to finish migrating the content
> over. I just hate to have people (including me) duplicating effort.
> What do you think?

Look through the KJ mailing list archive around May 16-22 of this year
as there were discussions about this going on at this time (the thread
was titled "[KJ] time for a KJ wiki cleanup"). Personally I have
limited time to spend on KJ and other kernel projects so tend to stick
to code submissions and review as such I am the last person to give
advice on this subject.

Mark