Re: large patches

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 10:49:02AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> if this patch is limited to a very restricted subsystem for which
> you're personally responsible, you might have a chance to get it in.
I am not responsible for this driver. I just saw some warnings about
unused variables during compilation and decided to have a look. Then i
realised that this driver violates CodingStyle and began some fixing.

> but rather than posting it to any list, it might be better to just
> make it available as a download.
hmmh, chances that actually nobody will have a look are bigger then, no?

> you just have to decide whether that amount of patching is justified
> by the fact that it's all formatting and clean-up.  tough call.
This code is IMO very hard to read even without the style problems. I
have a strong (but not yet substantiated) feeling that this driver could
need some refactoring. Maybe a style cleanup would make future work on
this easier?

regards,

Andre
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kernel-janitors" in