Re: large patches

Hi,

Le Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:18:21 +0200,
Andre Haupt <andre@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I wonder how this driver made it into the kernel even though
> maintainers usually insist on CodingStyle.

This driver was already in the tree in 2.4.21, and it was probably
integrated a long time before that. And at that time, the quality
requirements for integration in the tree were much lower than they are
now.

This has some advantages, but also some drawbacks, which have been
discussed during the last kernel summit, according to
http://lwn.net/Articles/248195/ (end of the article).

Sincerly,

Thomas
--