Re: [GIT PULL] Kbuild updates for v6.11-rc1

Hi Linus,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2024 at 6:49 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:44, Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > You will get a merge conflict in scripts/Makefile.lib
>
> So the merge conflict certainly wasn't too bad, but I really don't
> love the complex  fdtoverlay command duplication.
>
> Strangely enough, there's a simplification for the DT_CHECK_CMD case
> (used only once), but not for this creation case (now duplicate).
>
> I didn't do it as part of the merge, but may I suggest adding something like
>
>   DT_CREATE_CMD = $(objtree)/scripts/dtc/fdtoverlay -i $(filter %.dtb
> %.dtbo, $^) -o
>
> and then using
>
>    $(DT_CREATE_CMD) $@
>
> to pair up with the existing "$(DT_CHECK_CMD) $@" logic?
>
> Or something along those lines?

I deduplicated the code in a slightly different way.

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240725192317.258132-1-masahiroy@xxxxxxxxxx/T/#u

Anyway, this is not an urgent issue. I will include it in my next pull request.

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada