About the .scmversion removal (commit f6e09b07cc12)

Hi Masahiro / all, I was rebuilding the kernel today, just adding some
debug statements, when I noticed a lot of stuff got built again. I was
using ".scmversion" to prevent UTS version changes, so only affected
files got indeed rebuilt.

After commit f6e09b07cc12 ("kbuild: do not put .scmversion into the
source tarball"), seems this file is automatically deleted and I'm not
sure how should I proceed to continue with the same behavior.

Apologies if this is a silly question, any advice is much appreciated!
Also, I've CCed all the emails from [0], so apologies if anybody looped
here shouldn't be CCed.

Cheers,

Guilherme

[0]