[Kernel.org Helpdesk #93182] [linuxfoundation.org #93182] Re: linux-kbuild missing from lore?

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 1:43 PM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/8/20 11:42 AM, Nick Desaulniers wrote:

> >> Maybe ask Sam Ravnborg or Michal Marek if they have kbuild ML archives.
> >>
> >> or see if they are available from some other ML archive site, like
> >> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-kbuild/
> >>

> >> My kbuild archive has about 20,000 emails in it, beginning around the
> >> middle of 2011.
> >> I could make that available, but I don't claim that it is complete.
> >>
> >> And I'm sure that it has some duplicate emails in it [if an email is
> >> kbuild-related, I put the email into this "folder", no matter what
> >> mailing list it came from].
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/lists.html links to
> > https://www.kernel.org/lore.html links to
> > https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html
> > which seems to indicate that we need such an archive.
> >
> > cc'ing help desk for the request.  It looks like we need to
> > collect+merge then sanitize mboxes.  Randy, if we could start with
> > your archive, I'd be happy to help drive this across the finish line.
>
> Hi,
>
> As long as you or someone will go thru the mbox file (about 164 MB or
> 34 MB when gzipped) and select emails that are To: or Cc:
> linux-kbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I'm OK with making it available.
> The reason I say that is because it just might have some personal
> emails in it that should not be added to a public archive.

Oh, sure. Maybe better than to try to get a cleaner copy from
marc.info then, as you suggest.

> Also, as I said earlier, once the correct emails are selected,
> there are going to be duplicates of many of them, so dropping
> those duplicates (or triplicates etc.) would be a Good Idea.
>

> Has anyone thought about trying to get the kbuild archive from
> marc.info/?l=linux-kbuild ?  or contacted the marc.info admin?

Clicking "add a list" on
https://marc.info/
opens an emailto: link to webguy@xxxxxxxxx, so adding them here.
Dear marc.info admin, is exporting a copy of the linux-kbuild mail
archive something that you can help us with?

--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers