Re: linux-kbuild missing from lore?

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 6:06 PM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/16/20 5:47 PM, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> > Hi Nick,
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 8:22 AM Nick Desaulniers
> > <ndesaulniers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Masahiro,
> >> I noticed that linux-kbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx seems to be missing from
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/lists.html.  Is that intentional or
> >> accidental?
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> ~Nick Desaulniers
> >

> > Thanks for letting me know this.
> > I guess it is accidental.
> >
> > In fact, I do not know what to do
> > to take good care of the kbuild ML.
>
> Maybe ask Sam Ravnborg or Michal Marek if they have kbuild ML archives.
>
> or see if they are available from some other ML archive site, like
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-kbuild/
>

> My kbuild archive has about 20,000 emails in it, beginning around the
> middle of 2011.
> I could make that available, but I don't claim that it is complete.
>
> And I'm sure that it has some duplicate emails in it [if an email is
> kbuild-related, I put the email into this "folder", no matter what
> mailing list it came from].

https://lore.kernel.org/lists.html links to
https://www.kernel.org/lore.html links to
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html
which seems to indicate that we need such an archive.

cc'ing help desk for the request.  It looks like we need to
collect+merge then sanitize mboxes.  Randy, if we could start with
your archive, I'd be happy to help drive this across the finish line.
--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers