Re: strange behaviour from "make localmodconfig" throws out ath9k stuff

On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 15:15 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2013, Steven Rostedt wrote:
>
> > Can you add this patch and see if it fixes your issue. If so, can I
> > add your "tested-by" to this patch?
>
>   just to be clear, that patch didn't solve the issue involving a
> config file from an earlier kernel but i don't think it was supposed
> to, was it?

No, and honestly, I don't see that as an issue ;-) Old configs with new
kernels will always have issues if a new dependency is created. In other
words, that's a WONTFIX bug.

make localmodconfig is to disable only the configs not needed for the
loaded modules. If a required config was not in the original .config,
then that's out of scope for localmodconfig. But the bug you reported
was, localmodconfig was disabling a required config that was in the
original .config.

-- Steve