Re: Is root kernel parameter expected to be the first one or something?

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:41:48 +0200 Piotr Hosowicz wrote:

> Randy Dunlap wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:16:29 +0200 Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Today I had built a new next kernel with these parameters. I did not get
> >> what I expected
> >
> > I don't think I understand your question.
> > What did you expect?
>
> I expected higher resolution console, smaller font etc

Boy was I confused.  I thought that your question was about the root=
kernel boot parameter.

Well, there are several questions to be asked.  and one more comment.

1.  what video (framebuffer) driver are you using?
2.  is it builtin the kernel image or is it a loadable module?
3.  have you read Documentation/svga.txt and Documentation/fb/{fbcon,vesafb}.txt ?

And my comment is that your question (about video) would be better on the
linux-fbdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list.  It's not about kbuild/kconfig,
unless kconfig is not saving the build parameters correctly...

---
~Randy