Re: Comments on deb-pkg patch series

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:53:52PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 April 2009, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > I continue to object to patch 4.
> >
> > your objection on patch 4 is disregarded.
>
> Eh, sorry, but that's not up to you. It's fine that you disagree with me.
> But as you're not the owner or primary maintainer of the builddeb script,
> you don't get to "disregard" comments from anybody.
>
> I'm happy to let Sam decide on this based on the given arguments. Maybe
> others will comment too.

no
on patch 7 you had a technical reason,
thus i agree with you that this needs better thought or work.

> > it does *not* matter that linux-2.6 happens to be same name
> > than the debian linux images source package.
>
> Technically it does not matter, correct. But for the same reason there is
> also no good reason to make it the same as the debian linux images source
> package.
>
> And as it is factually incorrect I still don't like it. It would very
> simply result in incorrect info if people query their system using tools
> like grep-dpkg, or even if they just just view the package info.

we in the Debian kernel team use linux-2.6 as we use the linux-2.6 git
tree as upstream, as it happens to be the primary upstream. so i still
miss your point why make deb-pkg shouldn't show that too!

btw this patch also fixes wrong section behaviour of make deb-pkg.