Re: Comments on deb-pkg patch series

On Wednesday 01 April 2009, maximilian attems wrote:
> > I continue to object to patch 4.
>
> your objection on patch 4 is disregarded.

Eh, sorry, but that's not up to you. It's fine that you disagree with me.
But as you're not the owner or primary maintainer of the builddeb script,
you don't get to "disregard" comments from anybody.

I'm happy to let Sam decide on this based on the given arguments. Maybe
others will comment too.

> it does *not* matter that linux-2.6 happens to be same name
> than the debian linux images source package.

Technically it does not matter, correct. But for the same reason there is
also no good reason to make it the same as the debian linux images source
package.

And as it is factually incorrect I still don't like it. It would very
simply result in incorrect info if people query their system using tools
like grep-dpkg, or even if they just just view the package info.