Re: kconfig - hex are considered decimal

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 02:39:08PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
>
> > - When changing I see the 0x prefix - which I consider OK for hex values
> > - When saving I see the 0x prefix in autoconf.h + .config
>
> I disagree with the proposed patch. It only makes cosmetical changes, but
> it doesn't fix the current inconsistenties. Either we do it properly as in
> the patch below or I'd rather keep it as is.
> The patch checks the default values more strictly, I'm open to opinions
> whether that warning is useful or maybe just check that hex values have
> the 0x prefix.
Thanks - I divided your patch up in two.
First one that adds the new checks
And the second that fixes the warnings

> > See patches where kconfig start to use the new
> > method for 'all*config' targets - they are cc:ed to you
> > and available on linux-kbuild.
> > I simply started to use conf_set_all_new_symbols() and
> > as a result I could simplify conf.c.
> >
> > And things got so simple that I dropped the patches
> > introducing aconf.c.
>
> I'd actually prefer to move everything noninteractive out of conf.c, as
> this would be the right place for this:
>
> > -> Give Redhat's nonint_oldconfig a closer look and see
> >    how to integrate this functionality
>
> This should be pretty much do it:
>
> 	for_all_symbols(i, sym) {
> 		sym_calc_value(sym);
> 		if (sym->flags & SYMBOL_WRITE && !sym_has_value(sym))
> 			printf(...);
> 	}
>
> The point is that this has nothing to do with what's already in conf.c,
> this should be a separate utility for all noninteractive kconfig jobs.

I do not disagree with you here. But for now it was just more
natural to add it where I deleted the other stuff.
I will move it to a separate .c file later.

	Sam