Re: kconfig - hex are considered decimal

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:59:42PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
>
> > For now I added this patch (for previous mail).
> > This makes the configs equal so they can be compared.
>
> Did you try changing and saving that hex value?
Yes.
- When changing I see the 0x prefix - which I consider OK for hex values
- When saving I see the 0x prefix in autoconf.h + .config

> You need a similiar logic as used for saving the header file.
> Why is it a problem, that needs immediate fixing anyway?

To keep difference minimal for .config produced by
old style 'all*config' and new style 'all*config'.

See patches where kconfig start to use the new
method for 'all*config' targets - they are cc:ed to you
and available on linux-kbuild.
I simply started to use conf_set_all_new_symbols() and
as a result I could simplify conf.c.

And things got so simple that I dropped the patches
introducing aconf.c.

Yet TODO:

-> Give Redhat's nonint_oldconfig a closer look and see
   how to integrate this functionality
-> Give Andres Salomon patches a second look and see how to
   integrate the functionality he requires

It it does not turn out to be simple I will lilely postpone it
until I have moved.

	Sam