Re: [2.6 patch] kconfig-language.txt: remove bogus hint

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 11:01:37AM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 08:17:41AM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> > On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 02:15:35AM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > This kconfig construct described here is required in a different and
> > > much more complicated situation.
> > Please elaborate...
>
> In the hint C is described as a tristate.
>
> But you need this idiom only when A is a tristate and C is a bool.
Thats another case.
What is described is following simple situation:

config FOO
        bool "Modules"
        option modules

config A
        tristate "a"

config B
        tristate "b"
        depends on A

config C
        tristate "c"
        depends on B
        depends on A = y || A = B

C uses a symbol defined by A - let us name it foo().
If C is build-in and A is a module =>
	link error - unable to resolve foo.

So we say:
if A is buildin C may be built-in or module.
if A is a module C may not be built-in.

This is what this hint describes.

I would certainly love to see some of the other typical cases
described too.

We need a description that covers the LED case. And I think
you would be the best to come up with a description considering
the time you have spent investigating it.
Could you try to come up with either a suggested wording
or a patch?

Thanks,
	Sam