Re: TPM HMAC (really) bad performance

On Fri Sep 6, 2024 at 3:32 PM EEST, Roberto Sassu wrote:
> Hi all
>
> when running the benchmark on my new component, the Integrity Digest
> Cache, I ran into a serious performance issue.
>
> The benchmark is extending a TPM PCR with 12313 entries of the IMA
> measurement list, and calculating the time elapsed for the operation.
>
> Without TPM HMAC: 102.8 seconds
>
> With TPM HMAC: 1941.71 seconds
>

> Do you have already an idea on how to improve the situation?

Some missing details: CPU architecture and TPM chip type.

Would be possible to generate off-CPU flame graph?

For decent instructions:

https://www.singlestore.com/blog/linux-off-cpu-investigation/

You can do post-processing steps "offline" only capture step would
need to be done in-target.

> Thanks
>
> Roberto

BR, Jarkko