Re: TPM HMAC (really) bad performance

On Fri, 2024-09-06 at 14:32 +0200, Roberto Sassu wrote:
> Hi all
>
> when running the benchmark on my new component, the Integrity Digest
> Cache, I ran into a serious performance issue.
>
> The benchmark is extending a TPM PCR with 12313 entries of the IMA
> measurement list, and calculating the time elapsed for the operation.
>
> Without TPM HMAC: 102.8 seconds
>
> With TPM HMAC: 1941.71 seconds

I did worry about this and kept asking if anyone could benchmark

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-integrity/bd814edddfeac7072ed4f29365ce6bac3d235562.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

> Do you have already an idea on how to improve the situation?

One theory was that we could context save the session instead and this
might be faster but would also require degapping in the resource
manager.

James