Re: Can we enforce "IMA Policy" based on file type

On Tue, 2019-06-25 at 21:35 +0000, Kavitha Sivagnanam wrote:

> On 4/25/19, 4:59 AM, "Mimi Zohar" <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >    As Matthew indicated, you could define LSM labels on the squashfs file
> >   images.  Another option would be to extend IMA by implementing the LSM
> >    security_sb_mount hook.  The IMA policy rule would probably look
> >   something like:
>
> We looked in to the security_sb_mount function. It receives the
> device name as string "const char *dev_name".  We need to do the IMA
> appraisal on the backing file (squashfs file) associated with this
> device.  However, based on this device name we were unable to get
> the backing_file associated with it in kernel space.
> Can you give some pointers?
>
> Also, we need to know if at the time when this function is called,
> if the backing file is associated with this device.
>
> >    appraise func=MOUNT_CHECK fsname=squashfs appraise_type=imasig

When the squashfs file is loopback mounted, the backing file is set in
drivers/block/loop.c: loop_set_fd() and stored as lo->lo_backing_file.

Although security_sb_mount() is called after setting the backing file,
it seems to be too early.  You probably need to wait until after
fill_super().  Try using security_sb_kern_mount().

Mimi