Re: Can we enforce "IMA Policy" based on file type

On 4/25/19, 4:59 AM, "Mimi Zohar" <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    As Matthew indicated, you could define LSM labels on the squashfs file
>   images.  Another option would be to extend IMA by implementing the LSM
>    security_sb_mount hook.  The IMA policy rule would probably look
>   something like:

We looked in to the security_sb_mount function. It receives the device name as string "const char *dev_name".
We need to do the IMA appraisal on the backing file (squashfs file) associated with this device.
However, based on this device name we were unable to get the backing_file associated with it in kernel space.
Can you give some pointers?

Also, we need to know if at the time when this function is called, if the backing file is associated with this device.