Re: Writing out EVM protected xattrs while EVM is active

On Wed, 2017-10-18 at 11:23 -0700, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Mimi Zohar <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The IMA_NEW_FILE check is applicable only when there are no security
> > xattrs (INTEGRITY_NOXATTRS), which would not be the case after writing
> > the first security xattr.  The return result in that case is
> > INTEGRITY_NOLABEL, meaning no security.evm.
>
> Ah, of course. Ok, how about going with my proposal with an intention
> to relax the restriction around it and HMAC support once we have a
> mechanism for setting multiple xattrs at once?

Sure.  We really need some way of keeping track of things needing to
be done.  And of course, putting a name with it.

[I'm still hoping someone will add the CPIO xattr support.  Any
takers?  It's really a self contained project, lots of impact.  A
really small, minor problem is reading and understanding the
undocumented state table in order to make the change.]

I assume you received, earlier today, the linux-next documentation
conflict and resolution from Mark Brown.  Hopefully, he'll be willing
to carry this change as well.

Mimi