Fixing ISH hingle angle sensor invalid value

Hi,

I have a device (Lenovo Yoga Book tablet) with a hinge angle sensor
exposed by Intel ISH. This virtual sensor should compute the hingle angle
based on the accelerometers data. It is supported by the
hid-sensor-custom-intel-hinge driver.

The sensor has three channels: angles of base and screen with respect to the
ground, and the hinge angle between them. The base and sceen angles are
reported right, but the hinge angle is always 360°.

What is the correct way to fix this? We can modify the driver and fixup
the hingle angle value in it, or add such quirk in a userspace apllication
like iio-sensor-proxy (this requires to have a blacklist of devices in
userspace apps). Should we try to correct the value of this sensor or
just blacklist it and re-implement the same functionality in userspace
based on accelerometers data?

When fixing this in the driver, we should decide how to distinguish
'fully open' and 'fully closed' states: we may need to check the lid
switch status for this.

--
Yauhen Kharuzhy