Getting the raw keycode to implement a new key in Linux

Hi!
I have a Dell G15 5511 laptop and this machine has a very particular
feature: a key called "G- key" (accessed pressing Fn+F7) which is used
(on Windows at least) to do a boost in the machine. The details about
how this boost works is not the question here. The question is: How
can I find, in the kernel level, what code is emitted? I want to know
that, so I can start hacking around and come up with a patch, so the
key can be recognized by the OS, so a user space daemon can be
triggered to do the boost part (or any other action).

Any thoughts?

--
Marcos H. Alano
Linux System Administrator