Re: help needed in this part of code regarding FF in hid-sony.c

Thanks Mr. Roderick for such quick reply, and sorry for redundant
emails, still not familiar with how linux kenel mailing list worked.

The purpose for doing this is to have an alternative way of
initialization/connection success indicator other than just the LEDs
in case of the leds broken/burnt, it's always better to have
alternative than no, isn't it?

I'll try digging in the kernel log see if I'm lucky enough to find
something useful.

For the sleep part, it's because I need to make adjustment to the
magnitude play duration for the initial rumble, if I take out the
sleep, the vibration will be long/simply no effect at all either
has/not has the sc->left/right = 0 part right after, thus unsuitable
for the initial rumble purpose(kinda weird). Never knew that it's
taboo to use sleep in kernel, as some articles out there suggested
that sleep is common in device driver.

It's actually trouble free if I just set the initial rumble as
independent function, but if I insist to merge it into
sony_play_effect( ), how would you suggest proper way to make it
right? Thanks.

Regards,
fei