Re: hid-logitech-hidpp / hid-logitech-dj driver hiding inputs and breaking Logitech G700s buttons

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:48 AM Filipe Laíns <lains@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-12-16 at 01:12 +0000, Hamza Attak wrote:
> > Hi Filipe,
> >
> > I'm on the latest 5.4.3 from kernel from kernel.org git repository. Only
> > a few security options are tweaked in the kconfig.
> > For your information, I am also facing the same issue on untouched
> > Ubuntu
> > built kernels,
> >
> > I never followed linux-input before and don't know how active was the
> > code
> > taking care of the G700s, but do you think there might have been a
> > regression
> > since you say that it was a fixed issue?
> >
> > Unfortunately, I didn't keep track on when it happened, ie after a
> > kernel
> > upgrade or if it was always there and I only noticed after trying the
> > mouse
> > wirelessly.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Hamza ATTAK.
> >

> Okay. Do the logs show anything interesting?
>
> I don't have the mouse but I think Benjamin does. Let's see if he knows
> what's going on.

Hmm, I just gave a test on the G700 (not s) that I have, and  in both
cases (wired or not), I can see the incoming button events *when they
are mapped to something meaningful*.

FYI, 0xC531 wireless receiver has been added in v5.4, so that is when
you must have seen your problem appearing.

So:
- have you mapped any special buttons/macros to those buttons (G6-G10)?
- can we get the output of hid-recorder[1] so see what the mouse
actually sends (both in wired or wireless mode)?

Cheers,
Benjamin

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libevdev/hid-tools