Re: [REGRESSION] dualshock 4 has phantom triggering left analog stick

On Thu, November 1, 2018 3:58 pm, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
>> Are you sure that it's not simply a difference in hysterisis? I would
>> expect most software using those values to ignore "close to center"
>> jitters. You might also want to make your script use the actual min/max
>>  values for those analogue sticks, I don't think they're actually
>> between -32767 and 32767 as you use in the script (although I don't have
>> a joypad to verify this right now).
>
> The DS3 / DS4 axes are, so 0 to 255 with a center around 127/128.
> Scaling by these factors doesn't make sense, xbox controllers and
> others are 16-bit. I would need to check what the dead band is for our
> controllers, but probably at least 4 around the center.

I don't know if you know that the kernel adds default fuzz/flat parameters
which can affect joystick operation around null position.

For the LG wheels we forced these to zero at connection time:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/hid/hid-lg.c?h=v4.19#n661

Apologies if this isn't relevant ;-)
Simon