Re: [REGRESSION] dualshock 4 has phantom triggering left analog stick

Hey,

On Wed, 2018-10-31 at 09:02 +0500, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
> With kernel 4.19 all time dualshock 4 has phantom triggering left
> analog stick.
> This is appear in the fact that in any game an up / forward movement
> may starts randomly any time and not ended even if I release the left
> analog stick.
>
> Of course I checked this dualshock with PS4, and there was no such
> problem.
> So I’m completely sure that this is not a hardware problem.

Are you sure that it's not simply a difference in hysterisis? I would
expect most software using those values to ignore "close to center"
jitters. You might also want to make your script use the actual min/max
values for those analogue sticks, I don't think they're actually
between -32767 and 32767 as you use in the script (although I don't
have a joypad to verify this right now).

> $ uname -r
> 4.19.0-1.fc30.x86_64

You say it's a regression, but in which kernel version was this
working?

Cheers